Welcome!

If anyone ever reads this, I will be extremely surprised, as chances are that 1) I will never give anyone the link and 2) I will probably forget to updated this after a while But hey, if by some chance you do stumble across this, feel free to poke around. Not sure that there's much to poke, but that's life.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

First Post...

..whoo. Actually, I'm not feeling particularly ecstatic at the moment. I'm mostly fed up, on account of my school and/or local post system screwing up, meaning that I was supposed to have my A-level results e-mailed to me while I'm out here in America, but they so far have failed to materialize. Which is, to say the least, annoying. And I'm also feeling sick, probably on account of eating under-cooked burger last night.

Other than that, I'm still feeling a bit weird about being in America. No offence intended to any Americans - it's just slightly surreal to be sitting in an apartment when it's 30 degrees outside and I can see a palm tree out my window. It's not really something I ever thought I'd be doing in the near future. But then, life's full of surprises. And benevolant companies willing to pay for their employee's families.

I went to an Imax cinema yesterday to see Superman Returns - it was awesome. Probably the combined effect of a very good (visually stunning) film and an 8-storey wrap-around screen. The title sequence alone was probably the most amazing thing I'd seen all week. Until I saw the rest of the film, that is.

No comments: